Papay Birdy-folk Weekend
7-9 July 2017
40 YEARS OF RSPB WARDENS OF
THE NORTH HILL, PAPAY
1977 - 2017
Friday 7th July:
• 7pm: Celebration Cocktail @ the Kelp Store
o Celebrate 40 years of wardens on Papay with a drink and snacks
o A tribute to Eric Meek
o A Wardens Who’s Who
Saturday 8th July:
• Day: Picnic on the Holm
o Trips to the Holm in the Dunter, from 10:30am
o Bring you own food & drink for a picnic
o Trip is weather permitting
• 7pm: Dinner Dance @ Beltane
o 2-course meal
o Music & a dance with the Papay Band
Sunday 9th July:
• 10.30am: Visit Rose Cottage & Gowrie
o See where the wardens lived and live!
• 11am: A walk around the North Hill & picnic
o Meet at North Hill Slap for a walk around the hill
o Picnic at Fowl Craig (about 12:30pm)
• 6:30pm: Quiz, film & pub @ Beltane
o Film: The Eagle Huntress (6:30pm)
o A team quiz (ca. 8:15pm)
o Pub banter
Papay North Hill Wardens
1977 - 2017
• Toilets are available at the Community School, St. Ann’s Kirk, Beltane/ Papa Westray Hostel, the Kelp Store and the New Pier.
• The island shop is open on Friday from 10am – 12 noon and 3.30 –5.30pm and on Saturday from 10am - 12 noon and 6 – 7pm.
• Accommodation / camping: Papa Westray Hostel (01857 644224)
• Pick-ups are available on request to meet arriving boats and planes (book on 01857 644224). Ask on the isle about use of this service when leaving.
Celebration cocktail: £5 (adult) / kids free
Holm trip: free (donations to PDT for transport welcome)
Dinner Dance: £10 (adult) / £4 (under 16) / free (under 5)
Cinema: £1 / (under 16s free)
• If the weather’s fine we hope to put up a bouncy castle at certain times for younger bairns.
• The Kelp Store will be open throughout the weekend.
Papay Community Association: 01857 644 224 / 201 / 238
Papay Shop: 01857 644321
The Birdie-folk Weekend is sponsored by: Papay Community Association, RSPB & Papa Westray Community Council