The Hostel is open for new bookings, although current visitor capacity is reduced. Click Hostel for more details.
Bookings for Papay Tours and visits to the Holm of Papay during 2021 are open, although dates are not yet decided.
Papay Community Shop
Soft drinks, wines and beers at Papa Westray Community Shop
The shop will be open from May 24 2021 at the following hours:
Monday 9am-11am and 3:30pm-5:30pm
Wednesday 9am-11am and 3:30pm-5:30pm
Thursday 9-11 and 3:30pm-5:30pm
Friday 9am-11am and 3:30pm-5:30pm
Covid is still a potential risk to staff and customers. Please help us keep this risk to a minimum.
We appreciate that normally the shop is a place to meet others but would ask for the time being that as soon as you are through the till, you leave the shop. Please note the following, which are for the protection of you and our staff:
- 4 people can come into the shop at any one time.
- Customers must wear a face covering and use the hand-sanitising agent provided on a shelf at the door before entering.
- If there is not a basket at the door for use, then you should not enter the shop. There will be four baskets for this purpose.
- Customers are strongly asked to touch only those items they intend to buy unless this is not practical.
- We ask that when you place your items at the till, you then stand back a pace until they are ready for collection.
Fresh, frozen and packaged food at Papa Westray Community Shop
The well-stocked Papay Co-op Shop is owned and run by the local community and offers a wide range of groceries including fresh and frozen food, wines & beers and petrol, diesel and coal. A selection of local crafts, postcards & publications is also available.
Visitors are welcome to pre-book shopping orders for collection on arrival. For more information contact the Papay Co-op Shop on telephone (+44) 01857 644321. Please leave a message if there is no reply.