Links to Papa Westray-related articles and websites
Articles and features
- open group including the Papay Noticeboard
- - The Papay Development Trust's plan for the future
- - Available from online bookstores
- - Account of a visit to Papay, published in 1868
- - 25th September - 2nd October 2004
- - List of shells found on Papay by Christine Street (pdf file, requires Acrobat Reader)
- - A sailing ship that once supplied Papa Westray
- - a real education!
- - Discussion material on the origins of the name Papa or Papay with extensive
archaeological reference material on Papa Westray and other 'Papa' locations in Orkney and elsewhere.
- - more details about this ancient site
Grays in the North Isles of Orkney
- - Papay Community Council Minutes
- - First census of Papa Westray
- - Second, more detailed census
- - 1994 article by Christopher Lowe (pdf file)
- - Account of a song thought to have been written by Colonel Thomas Traill of Holland, Papa Westray
Getting to Papa Westray
- - Twice-weekly direct ferries plus information on connections to Westray.
- Flights to and from Papa Westray, including the shortest flight in the world.
Of the shortest flight on YouTube
a well-stocked shop owned and run by the local community
- - Craft Shop and Post Office
- - Self-catering cottage
Comments or suggestions for reciprocal links please e-mail: Webmaster