The Hostel is open for new bookings, although current visitor capacity may be reduced. Click
Hostel for more details.
Bookings for Papay Tours and visits to the Holm of Papay during 2021 are open on flexible dates.
Links to Papa Westray-related articles and websites
Articles and features
- open group including the Papay Noticeboard
- The Papay Development Trust's plan for the future
- Available from online bookstores
- Account of a visit to Papay, published in 1868
- 25th September - 2nd October 2004
- List of shells found on Papay by Christine Street (pdf file, requires Acrobat Reader)
- A sailing ship that once supplied Papa Westray
- a real education!
- Discussion material on the origins of the name Papa or Papay with extensive
archaeological reference material on Papa Westray and other 'Papa' locations in Orkney and elsewhere.
- more details about this ancient site
Grays in the North Isles of Orkney
- Papay Community Council Minutes
- First census of Papa Westray
- Second, more detailed census
- 1994 article by Christopher Lowe (pdf file)
- Account of a song thought to have been written by Colonel Thomas Traill of Holland, Papa Westray
Getting to Papa Westray
- Twice-weekly direct ferries plus information on connections to Westray.
- Flights to and from Papa Westray, including the shortest flight in the world.
Of the shortest flight on YouTube
a well-stocked shop owned and run by the local community
- Craft Shop and Post Office
- Self-catering cottage
Comments or suggestions for reciprocal links please e-mail:
Text and pictures copyright 2000-2021
Learn more here. To contribute or link contact Webmaster